
g
l)adj.
1. Practicing or marked by economy, as in the expenditure of money or the use of material resources. See Synonyms at sparing.
2. Costing little; inexpensive: a frugal lunch.
[Latin fr
g
lis, virtuous, thrifty, from fr
x, fr
g-, fruit, virtue.]
g
lis, virtuous, thrifty, from fr
x, fr
g-, fruit, virtue.]fru·gal
i·ty (fr
-g
l
-t
), fru
gal·ness n.
i·ty (fr
-g
l
-t
), fru
gal·ness n.fru
gal·ly adv.
gal·ly adv.So, I have a new passion to add to my list of things I'm passionate about!
couponing!
I LOVE saving money.
I always shop sales at the grocery store, and refuse to pay full price for certain items.
Things that my kids will consume the whole package of in less than 14 minutes like cereal, chips, yogurt... any snack foods really. I always shop the buy one get on free items (hereafter referred to as bogo.)
Like we say here in Alabama... "If it ain't on sale, momma ain't buyin' it!"
Okay, I never say "ain't" but still, I'm sure you get the point, right?
Every week, Publix has a great variety of foods that are bogo.
Did you know that if you can use a coupon for both things?
For example, If Wheat Thins crackers are bogo and you have two coupons for 50 cents off Wheat Thins (Publix will double coupons 50 cents and less.)
So, lets say wheat thins are $2.89 a box, you are now getting two boxes for $2.89.
But wait! You have two coupons that each double!
You just payed 89 cents for two boxes of Wheat Thins!
See what I mean?
It's incredible!
The website "Southern Savers" has really helped me.
Basically, they teach you to stockpile coupons from the Sunday paper, mailers, and online coupons. Then you wait until items are on a really good sale, at that point you but the items already on sale with your coupons. It works best if you shop at 2 stores so the sales are revolving. (And when items are bogo, you can just buy one and save 50%, it's not necessary to buy 2. Read the signs though, because lately Publix has been doing more buy 2 get one free.)
So this is all great, very fulfilling to frugal hearts such as mine.
But wait, there's more!
There is apparently a hidden gold mine in the couponing community and it's a little place called CVS!
I had only been to CVS a few times when they carried my favorite shampoo. I usually only visit drug stores for last minute things like grabbing a card on the way to a birthday party. But now, I will probably be there ever week. Read This for the full story. But I will tell you a story of my new found CVS love. This relationship is only a few hours old, but I have high hopes for a long and happy partnership.
Yesterday I got word of a "hidden money maker" at CVS. It was $10 back in Extra Care Bucks (ECB's) with a purchase of any 2 Neutrogena sunscreen products. Well, the smallest size available was $1.99. So If I spent about $4, I got $10 back in ECB's. I did this (kinda) I really spent $8 because I could only find one of the tiny size, so I got the next cheapest one for about $8 but I had a $2 off coupon, so I spent $8 and I got $10 back...not as awesome but I was still happy. We needed sunscreen and I basically got it for free.
Today a new week of sales started and they had a deal on Softsoap bodywash. $4 ECB's back with the purchase of 2. So I got my 2 bottles and paid with my $10 ECB's. I ended up owing only 64 cents! At the end of the transaction I was given $4 in ECB's. now, I will watch the sales for other items that I earn ECB's back for and I will pay for those items with my existing ECB's. If I do this correctly I can actually shop for free at CVS!
Pretty exciting huh?

1 comment:
I started using coupons a few months back and now I have gone crazy. I have more tabasco sauce & mustard than any person should really have, because everytime I go in the grocery store with my coupons I walk out with free tabasco sauce & mustard. I love couponing!
Post a Comment