Sunday, August 9, 2009

beautiful day(s)


Alexandria wanted to pose next to something that said Jacksonville.
This was our tourist moment.
apple store = happy men.
(My hubby is so cute.)

apple store = sad girl.
After considering that she already has her own ipod and laptop,
she was attempting her soulish pull towards Areopostale- and you would be a fool to think that grandpa Carlos didn't take her there and do some spending.

The next day we ventured out on our own, and found the girly equivalent to the apple store.
art.

We contiued our trek to beautiful historic springfield.

Paths to friend's houses are my favorite.

There was something about being in a historical neighborhood,
with a pink bakery box that made me feel cool.
These rare moments of coolness are fleeting.

And...here he is folks. Lucas Tiago.

The best part of the trip was, meeting delicious baby Lucas. He is one of the most beautiful newborns that I've ever seen. His little face is perfect, and he's so tiny and squishy. Catching up with Kelly was like therapy, and Daniel is as hilarious as ever. You know you are practically sisters with someone when you walk in, and it feels like only yesterday since you were together, even though the calendar tells you something completely different. We caught up right where we left off, only this time... she was holding her promise in her arms, instead of only her heart. Walking into that scene, was a moment I will never forget.

The worst part of the trip was saying goodbye to them.


2 hours down, 10 to go.
Travel pillow bag for a hat.
And Aiya attempting to create her own space.

A close 2nd to the worst part of the trip was the drive there. It took us way too long (12 hours.) I think making a sonic stop for ginormous drinks on our way out of town may have been a mistake...I made this conclusion on our 5th potty stop. The drive home was way quicker (9 hours.) I drove for about half- and I don't go slow.

My bounty of herbs/homeopathics for all of my afflictions-
One of the perks of having a BFF that works for a chinese herbalist.
I just noticed that Hannah gave me 3 bottles of happy mood pills,
I'm just not sure how to feel about this.

Hannah is going to email me the pictures from our time with her, which was also incredible. Our kids love each other, and they had a blast. Hannah is a friend like no other. I don't like to think of where I'd be without her.

2 comments:

Our much awaited blessing is on the way said...

Love the pics.. Whishing you and the cute pink cami cakes box walking through Springfield was a regular part of my day!! We are missing you guy's!!

Tree of Life said...

I'm moving to Jacksonville. You should work for their Chamber of Commerce.