Sunday, April 18, 2010

home

Home is calling.
She's such a vision in the spring-
the backdrop to every wandering dream.
She contains each glimpse of the slide show in my mind.
*click*
tiny toes in the grass.
*click*
little cheeks all rosy from play.
*click*
first wobbly steps, making his way back to me.
I am mother to the core.
I am a temple.

Home is calling.
Oh how we've changed.
How the years have left their mark-
in lines and colors.
I want to hold on-
I want to stop time in it's speeding tracks.
But everybody is growing.
And changing.
Like little birds-
they're reaching for the sky-
they've got that look in their eye.
One day they'll fly away.

Home is calling.
Though we may not be the same- surely she'll take us back.
Like traders, we'll beg and barter.
No price too great-
I've just got to belong again.

Home is calling.
I can smell the salty air.
I will return to her shores-
and whisper all my secrets there.
I am a descendant of greatness.
I am a lady of the sea.

Home is calling,
and I will answer...
I'm going to find my way back-
I swear.

I'm already gone.
I'm almost there.

Home.

No comments: