Tuesday, September 18, 2007

my new hero...


Jenny MCCarthy was on Oprah today sharing her story about her son who was diagnosed with autism. After changing his diet and doing other therapies she has pulled her son out of his dark, lonely world. My heart was racing and I had tears in my eyes as she told her story and showed a clip of her son doing so well. She talked so much about mommy instincts and how she had no peace to give her son the MMR (which she believes gave him autism) but she did anyway after being yelled at by the doctor. I made the gut wrenching decision not to vaccinate my boys from MMR...I did not believe it was safe for them...no science to prove it, just a still small voice saying "NO" that was all I needed. I get intimidated sometimes by the other side of the argument but I have to listen to that voice in my heart. I admire Jenny for her courage and pray for her to brush off all the criticism she will surely receive...It's not a popular argument that vaccines aren't safe but I know that truth will come to the light...until then, pray mommas, pray!

No comments: