A few definitions of hope:
hope (h
p)v. hoped, hop·ing, hopes
v.intr.
1. To wish for something with expectation of its fulfillment.
2. Archaic To have confidence; trust.
v.tr.
1. To look forward to with confidence or expectation: We hope that our children will be successful.
2. To expect and desire.
n.
1. A wish or desire accompanied by confident expectation of its fulfillment.
2. Something that is hoped for or desired: Success is our hope.
3. One that is a source of or reason for hope: the team's only hope for victory.
4. often Hope Christianity The theological virtue defined as the desire and search for a future good, difficult but not impossible to attain with God's help.
5. Archaic Trust; confidence.
God has given me hope as a gift, it wasn't something I could give myself believe me I tried. This scripture I found kinda says it all...
Fair are the places marked out for me; I have a noble heritage. I will give praise to the Lord who has been my guide; knowledge comes to me from my thoughts in the night.
I have put the Lord before me at all times; because he is at my right hand, I will not be moved.
Because of this my heart is glad, and my glory is full of joy: while my flesh takes its rest in hope.
Psalms 16:6-9
1 comment:
I love you.
Post a Comment