Ok so I'm slightly bothered...(don't read this part boys) yes I have PMS.
Last night at work a dear partner (we'll call her partner A) announced in front of me that "Christianity is a cult."
She was responding to another partner's question (we'll call him partner B) about if we have seen the documentary "Jesus camp"
(I have not but I'm sure it's wacky or they wouldn't make a documentary about it) and he said that they're making Christianity seem like a cult...to which partner A answered
"Christianity is a cult."
That really upset me...she knows I'm a Christian.
*disclaimer*
People have seen the works of radicals and crazies and I know that these unappointed representatives impact people's thoughts, also people have taken religion to extremes and started cults while still calling it Christianity.
But I felt like partner A insulted me...I know she never would on purpose but sadly the "pms offense clause" doesn't give a provision for things done "not on purpose."
Honestly I'm sad she feels that way about Christianity...I'm sad that so many are hurt by the mishandling of the gospel.
Bottom line...I have to realize she was insulting a RELIGION as she knows it and I'm sure some of it is probably warranted. And in my attempts to be Christ-like I forgive her.

“I don’t see Jesus Christ as being part of any religion,”
“Religion to me is almost like when God leaves – and then people devise a set of rules to fill the space.”
-BONO
“Religion to me is almost like when God leaves – and then people devise a set of rules to fill the space.”
-BONO
No comments:
Post a Comment