There is nothing like a rough couple of weeks to make you cling to the people, things, and places that you love. I find myself on the hard days wanting to be at home, in my room, listening to my favorite songs, being with Carlos and the kids. I love my home. When I nurture it, it nurtures me back.
I blog, mostly for myself to preserve memories and also to let my friends and family know what's going on with us. And sometimes sorting out my thoughts in this way leads me to revelation...breadcrumbs.
When I posted about my boys (thing 1 & thing 2) with the picture of them playing on Webkinz together I was enthralled in the moment. I was watching them interact and laugh. The closeness of brothers is something I'm very well acquainted with, having three brothers and two sons. Brotherhood is a forcefield. My older brother even when he hated me would stop at nothing to protect me.
The scripture that I posted also enthralled me...
"A man that hath friends must show himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24"
CLOSER than a brother? Those words kept going through me until my brain finally started to get it. CLOSER than a brother? That's pretty close...and He's my friend! That's God...he loves us. He loves us in the good times, He loves us in the bad times, He loves us when we're up, He loves us when we're down. With God there is no change, He NEVER changes, there is no shadow of turning. Gas prices go up, the economy fails...He's still the same. Work not going well? Personal crisis? Again, He's the same! He may not recuse you from every situation but He sticks close.
So do you see how even in something as simple as watching children play, He's speaking to us? Giving us live demonstrations of His word and His promises. Those are what I like to call breadcrumbs...
Have an uplifting day,
-me
No comments:
Post a Comment