Don't tell Abraham, but I'm keeping a secret from him... and well, it's breaking my heart.
His 10th birthday is coming up on Wednesday, which happens to be opening night if the circus. He has no idea I bought tickets like 2 weeks ago. The heartbreaking part is when the commercials come on, he asks if we can go- he has this little light in his eyes that dims away when I say "we'll see."
It's so easy- maybe even theraputic to say no to Aiya and Matt...because they ask for stuff every 42 seconds. But not Abraham, he rarely asks for anything. Some nights, when my head hits the pillow, I panic because I can't remember if I even talked to him all night. I know I do- but since he's not in my face like the other two, it's not as apparent. He's easy as pie. He's tender and brilliant.
I love him so much.
I remember the nights in the hospital when he was born, they were quiet, quiet nights. It was just him and me. (I wanted Carlos to stay with Alexandria, she had never slept over anywhere else.) So in those midnight hours- we learned all there was to know about eachother. He had the most peaceful spirit I had ever encountered. He still does.
I know somebody's gotta be the middle child, sometimes I just wish it didn't have to be him. But then he wouldn't be Abraham...and that would never do.
Wednesday is going to be his day, and I get to tell him the happy news. I really can't stand the circus. But he'll be on the edge of his seat. I can't wait.
2 comments:
ok i don't know if it's the pregnancy hormones or what but this about made me burst into tears...maybe it related to my inner middle child.
God bless all the middle children of the world. the baby in your belly will probably be a middle child...
Post a Comment