Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Why?

I find myself asking Alexandria that question a lot. I have been since she was old enough to talk. She used to answer in her slightly hyper and breathy voice- "just betuz" or "betuz i thought about it, and I just besided (decided) to do it."

The reasons I ask are always different...could be that she drew all over her hands with a sharpie, could be that she's wearing a masquerade mask to the grocery store, could be that she painted my desk with whiteout. (she's done all these things in the last 6 months.) I'm no sure why I ask why, but I always do. The stuff she does puzzles me on the deepest levels. It's been this way forever, she just does random things all.the.time. It drives me crazy, yet I kinda like it. She keeps me guessing.

Maybe one day she'll give me an answer...although I kinda already know. It's because she's Alexandria and/or because she thought about it, and she just decided to do it.



No comments: