The night was full of laughter, wii games, and plenty of sugar. Excitement was in the air from 4 boys who absolutely love to be together. It's always kind of amazed me how much kids love their cousins even if they don't see each other very often. It's the love of family that's just inherently there.
It was well into the evening when I realized it was his first birthday back home, with family I just stood there for a minute and reflected. Reflected on the birthdays when he seem lonely. Reflected on how much he appreciates every little thing. Reflected on answered prayers. I just stood there and soaked it all up- I listened to beauty of the moment.
My boy is 11. I don't even remember my life without him. From the night he was born, actually, even in the womb, he's been a calming force in my life...it's probably a good thing, because my other two are very demanding.
I really love you, Abraham...and I'm glad you had a happy birthday.

No comments:
Post a Comment