Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Recovery.

I've just been writing, and erasing, and writing, these thoughts that are swirling through my sleepy head tonight.
I've felt so emotionally blocked lately. I need a really good cry, and it just won't come- which is quite the contrast to my being able to fill buckets of tears on demand for the complete calendar year of 2010.
January 2010 was when the "stuff" started hitting the fan.
That's when my baby brother's life started falling apart. That's also when I became aware that your heart can break so hard, you feel like you're dying. I've never hurt like that before.

I'll never again be the person I was before last year.
My life, my family, my heart is forever changed.
I'm still feeling some emotional side effects, I routinely go into shutdown mode, and I feel kinda rejected when people don't even notice that I need them. I just have to reach deep for my self-sufficientcy. I've never really been able to pull off being needy, and I'm okay with that.

Sometimes, when I'm inside the space of my family's new dynamic, and I really stop to think about it- it's just too much. Way too much to handle.
But then, like magic, I feel the grace.
The grace of enduring love.
I feel the courage to let go of all the nagging injustices.
I hear the breaths of relief, and see sore eyes light up when life feels normal again.

I'm so lucky to see, and feel these little everyday miracles.
The mystery of grace, the beauty of redemption... It's ours for the taking.
And we have our dignity intact.

I feel so proud of us.



No comments: