I would like the federal government for inventing a little something called the pell grant- without it, none of this would be possible.
I would like to thank all the nice people who have helped me along the way. It's been a little intense, retrieving buried records from 1993. I might as well have been digging up dinosaur bones- that might have been easier. It was all to prove that there was once was a girl named Holly Duke, and she did in fact graduate from high school. And now we can proceed.
At the same time as my classes begin, my boys will be getting out of school for the summer.
I can't even wrap my head around the fact that Abraham will be done with his elementary years.
I mean seriously, what the heck.
My eyes water when I think back to those first days of the school year. Those were really hard days. Everyone always says that kids are resilient, but that's kind of hard to prove. The truth is, kids internalize things, and we don't always know what they are going through. I'm so proud of them- they made excellent grades, and conducted themselves like little gentlemen. Alexandria attended a home school co-op, and did extremely well.
For next year, all 3 have been accepted to one of the best private schools in the city. It's such a blessing that it worked out for us... they know a lot of kids that go there, and I work right next door. I dreamed this for my kids, and now it's happening...and they deserve it.
Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a dream fulfilled is a tree of life. - Proverbs 13:12
1 comment:
:)
Post a Comment