I have a pit in my stomach, and a lump in my throat.
A pit, because I'm nervous.
A lump, because I'm overcome with emotion from the events of the day.
At 1:44 a.m., I got the call that I've been waiting for.
Kelly was in labor, baby Ephraim was coming.
Even at that early hour, the timing felt so perfect.
Even at that early hour, the timing felt so perfect.
No conflicts with school, or work, or the kids. Just perfect timing.
I don't think its an accident that I attended a birth on the very day I start school (with the intent to become a L&D nurse). I haven't doulaed a birth in 4 years.
I felt that today was a vision of my future- a prize to keep my eyes on.
Baby Ephraim wasn't even born yet and he was already fulfilling his name- a double portion, or blessing.
First, he's a blessing just because he's awesome. and squishy. and perfect.
Second, he's a blessing because he came into the world bringing vision and promise.
Something happened in my heart today at the birth, and it's just one of those things that can only be described as divine. Not only did I get to attend a beautiful birth, which happens to be my favorite thing, I got an impartation.
Ephraim and me, we've got something real special.
And when we had a little moment to talk, it was like he was saying
"Hi, Aunt Holly, today is a big day for both of us."
And he made me feel like I can definitely do it.
And he made me realize that I'm really going to love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment