Saturday, June 18, 2011

a new title.

I'm thinking about retiring this blog and starting a new one. This one just feels obsolete for where my life is now. I used to be consumed with having (wiggly) small children, and working retail. Now, I have a teenager, a pre-teen, and one who’s still kind of little (but will no longer hold my hand in public.) I'm also a student. God only knows if I’ll even have time to blog; I may post my essays if I feel brave enough.

Coming up with a title is challenging, I don't really have another catchy title. I know I’ll always be earth momma, but what does earth momma do when her babies grow up? Well, I’m going to help other people have babies! After my second week of school, once I demystified the “monster” of higher education, I increased the projection of my future. I’m pretty sure I’ll be a midwife one day. Grandma Stella always told me that my great-grandmother, Delilah, was a lay-midwife. I sure wish I had more information about her.

I’m working towards having a career basically for the sake of necessity, but a part of me will always be that girl hanging cloth diapers on the line, while breastfeeding a baby in a sling. A part of me really only wants to do that for the rest of my life. Alas, I had my glory days, I played, I napped, I nursed, and I pushed the stroller for miles on end. I did the baby thing, and it’s just not something that can last forever- unless you happen to be Mrs. Duggar.

It’s a new day- and I feel up for it.

No comments: