here it is...
8.23.2011
When I woke up Alexandria this morning, I resisted the urge to crawl into bed with her and tell her all about the day she was born. She used to like that when she was little; now the dominate non-morning-person gene has found her. She's a Duke, that's for sure.
My dad used to laugh historically at my morning grouchiness, and antagonize me, but that's another story. She'll embrace the glory of early mornings soon enough. For now, I just let her bask in misery because I can remember how bad it hurts to wake up when you're a teenager.
I digress.
Every birthday she's ever had has been emotional for me. The birth of your first child is epic. I'll never forget those first few hours with her. I just couldn't believe she was mine. Every time I looked at her, my heart skipped a beat. Having a labor that spanned across three days kinda messed with my head. I didn't know where I was or what day it was for about a week. I was in a bubble, sights were blurry, every part of my body hurt, but I didn't care. Somewhere in that fog came a feeling that the world was finally right. I had a baby.
Jump ahead 14 years and I have a little lady.
Birthday dinner with cousin Lauren.
This is what happened when I turned my back for 2 minutes.
She and Lauren will do about anything for a great photo;
yet, I have an irrational fear of mall security.
This one is from the summer visit to my mom & dad's house.
flailing around in the wine section?
great idea, girls!
Bieber fever at its best.
Anyway, next year she can get her learner's permit. Can you imagine?
No comments:
Post a Comment