Friday, December 30, 2011

Well, Christmas was wonderful and fun.
It was the first time that we traveled as a family since our overnight trip to orlando for Matthew's birthday last year. We needed it, too.
Sometimes, driving across the state line is worth it just for the wonder of returning again. No matter what, there's no place like home.
I've been a little sad that December is already over, I wish it could stay just a little bit longer.
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for the new year, but I always wish the festivities hadn't gone so quickly.
I've realized, during my pondering on the matter, that celebrating is just being intentional.
I want more of that in my everyday life. I thought I had invented an original tagline if I ever opened a cupcake shop, it was, "because every day is a celebration," (but cupcake girls had the same original idea.)
Everyday is a mini celebration, worthy of good meals and laughter. The world outside can say what it will, but inside the four walls of my home is a haven. Dim lights and music at night, impromptu dance parties, baking cookies. In whatever way we chose, we can celebrate and create days our children will remember.
That's how I want my life to be.


No comments: