Written on 11/5/2015; what a difference a year makes.
And what a difference a consistent sleep pattern makes.
Thank you, Lord, for this life.
Today is one of those days that I've talked and texted and voice messaged ALL DAY LONG. I've laughed, I've cried. I've been cold and I've been hot. I've been up since 3:30 a.m. before that, I slept for a broken up five-or-so hours. When I have the opening shift, I'm so afraid of missing my alarm, I wake up about a dozen times to check the clock. Each time, I offer up praise for the remaining sleep I have and doze off again. Until the final toll, no later than 3:39 a.m., when I get out of bed.
Usually, I ease into the day without muttering a word beyond "good morning" to my coworkers as we stumble in from the dark street. But today was chatter from the start. Today was loud and messy.
So as I sit here and feel the adrenaline rush of this day subside, I reflect on its content. I am overwhelmed, and overflowing with love for the people I have in my life. I am thankful that people want to talk to me, that people love me back.
Who knows, maybe I'll feel lonely tomorrow, but today, my heart is full. Sure, I am strung out from talking so much, but I wouldn't change a thing about this day.
No comments:
Post a Comment