
my poem for Matthew...
He came to me up through the water
Looking for the face that matched the voice he'd been hearing.
When he found me he seemed relieved.
What a journey he'd traveled
and now in his first destination-
my arms .
I thought of the times yet to come
when he'd find me again and again.
All the journeys yet taken,
from inches away, to miles.
Then I prayed,
may I always be a refuge.
A perfect stranger, yet so familiar.
And in the moment of his birth,
surrounded by love,
safe in his home,
warm in my arms,
I knew
we were meant for each other.
Looking for the face that matched the voice he'd been hearing.
When he found me he seemed relieved.
What a journey he'd traveled
and now in his first destination-
my arms .
I thought of the times yet to come
when he'd find me again and again.
All the journeys yet taken,
from inches away, to miles.
Then I prayed,
may I always be a refuge.
A perfect stranger, yet so familiar.
And in the moment of his birth,
surrounded by love,
safe in his home,
warm in my arms,
I knew
we were meant for each other.




No comments:
Post a Comment