I've made several hundred thousand lattes and I'm always so excited when the foam makes shapes (it's called "foam art") I can never do it when I'm trying but every now and then a perfect little design will appear...some people think it's childish to be so easily amused but the way I see it it's not every day I can go to an art gallery or frolic through the gardens but I can choose to see beauty in the small details and find joy in the many ways life is funny.
I went all the way (about 45 minutes) to Harvest, Alabama today to have in infamous Russell Moore cut my hair...we talked about the greater meaning of life and I chuckled at a few of the "russellisms" I come to expect, thank you Russell. I was driving back into Huntsville towards the direction of the mountains and as always I was struck by the beauty. Don't get me wrong...I don't love living in Huntsville but this place is beautiful and I don't see why so many prefer Madison...it's too flat and depressing.
Today is a textbook fall day...overcast, cool, and the colors are changing. I've opened several windows and thought seriously about sweeping the front walk :) If I didn't have to go to work it would be a perfect night for chili...speaking of work, it'll probably be busy since it's cool outside...lots of pumpkin spice lattes and caramel apple spices...I'm not dreading it though, I've been of since Friday and I feel ready to go back.
Next week I'm off to Charlotte, NC to have some quality time with the fam and celebrate my mom's 60th birthday...I'm debating if I should take Alexandria. One side of me says she shouldn't miss three days of school the other side says live a little. She got A's and two B's on her report card and she'll probably remember this trip forever. She'll get to see her Uncle James' & Aunt Jacki's house which is a vision to behold, meet her new baby cousin Vaida Rose, and be there for the party...what to do, what to do...
3 comments:
The heart in the foam was cute - the little things make life better.
The view of the mountains around here is lovely when you can see them.
Take your baby girl with you. 3 days for a lifetime of memories. Seriously.
oh dream stela...your the best life coach ever...I'm totally taking her.
...you are a good mom and wife, i hope you feel better.....
Post a Comment