Sunday, November 25, 2007

thankfulness

When I was a little girl my favorite times were holidays at my grandmother's house. The smells, lights, voices...all together equaled a magical harmony. It was perfect.
The times we couldn't be with her didn't seem like holidays at all...they were dull and ordinary. My fascination with these days continued into my adulthood, many conversations pursued between my husband and me about starting our own traditions but I was not open to changing the way things have always been...glistening holidays at MeMaw's house. Carlos would have to adjust, and he did. I loved everything about MeMaw...she was a women with culture with a larger than life personality, she was fabulous in every sence of the word. So imagine when we lost her right before Christmas one year. We've moved on and had some wonderful family holidays...almost all the conversations begin with "remember the time..."

This Thanksgiving was the best in years...my mom came to visit and we cooked and cooked...I broke my toe on Tuesday and it put a slight damper on things but overall it was wonderful. My mom helped me spruce up my house with flowers, and candles...and some other very special touches. My house was glistening! I loved every minute of it. Pictures coming soon.

It wouldn't be Thanksgiving if I didn't mention some things I'm thankful for...in random order of course.

1. holidays
2. my parents
3. good music
4. My MeMaw and Stella too
5. Carlos
6. my kids
7. friendship
8. dancing with the stars
9. burt's bees lip balm
10. hope

No comments: