Wednesday, January 9, 2008

a new day's mercies...

sunrise

Sometimes waking up is hard to do...this morning our daughter woke us up saying "do you realize that it's 7? Why didn't your alarm go off?" The truth is that the alarm had gone off only to be subconsciously silenced by the snooze button...I didn't even hear it this morning.
I went to bed last night feeling completely overwhelmed...I closed at work where I contracted a huge headache, my car was making noises on the way home, I wasn't sure if I liked my new haircut, the puppy was whining, I had no sandwich baggies for lunches tomorrow, I remembered that Abraham doesn't like the chips I bought, I worried that he wouldn't have enough to eat, I thought maybe Carlos could stop by the store, I wondered why I didn't go to the store today it was certainly my intention...on and on it went. Eventually I fell asleep, had some weird dreams I don't completely remember, and was only disturbed once by a box falling out of my over stuffed hallway closet (holler life coach).

This morning everything seemed a little easier...I negotiated snack choices with Abraham and wrapped them in plastic wrap...such an easy remedy. It just took a new day's mercy to think of it.
So I find myself in a new day feeling at peace, giving my self some credit, and a little more rest before I conquer the world.

No comments: