Friday, February 22, 2008

find your zen place...(long and boring post)

Work has been rough lately...I think the years there are catching with for me. For every reason the place drives me crazy I have at least 3 reasons to love it. The best parts of the job are...

1. the co-workers that have become friends.

2. competitive pay and great perks (like free coffee)

3. Evan, my favorite customer (he's 3) his dad has been bringing
him in on Saturday mornings since he was a
baby in his little footsie pj's. He asks for me by name and
blows me kisses when he leaves. I love him.
And I enjoy some other customers too :)

4. Flexible schedule. I pretty much tell my
boss when I'm I'm willing to work and
she accommodates me.

I won't mention the bad parts of the job, that would be tacky :( And I'm not sure I can even explain exactly why the place is draining the life force out of me.

on a lighter note...

Today somebody at work burned their hand with boiling water...I swear these people are so spazzy even when dealing with hot liquids. I'm like "slow it down y'all" anyway, the burn was looking pretty bad. I was scanning my brain to remember the homeopathic I used for first aid and I remembered "calendula ointment" So I swung by the health food store on my way home to get some and it made me soo happy to be in there! I used to keep a kit with all natural remedies and I've slowly ran out of things and never replenished. Just seeing all that stuff that I love and remembering the process I went through to get Alexandria out of the vicious cycle of antibiotics/stomach issues/compromised immune system. I LOVE NATURAL MEDICINE!!! Not herbs per say but homeopathic remedies. Not to brag but I kinda know a little about them so it's cool to pass things along that really help people and maybe help them heal with out yucky medicine with a ton of dangerous side effects.

So just for fun I'm going to list my top 5 homeopathic picks.

1. Hylands Teething Tablets. in a word=LIFESAVER
2. Boiron Calendula Ointment. a must have first aid for burns or scratches
3. Boiron Chestal Honey Cough Syrup. AMAZING they have adult and children's formula
4. Boiron Arnica Gell. Bruises and sore muscles
5. Similasan Ear Drops. Will clear an ear infection with out antibiotics and ease pain too.

Theres so much more but I'll stop at 5. The coolest thing is to see some of these products going mainstream and we're able to find them at the grocery store or pharmacy. This was not the norm even 5 years ago so maybe, just maybe, it's catching on?

No comments: