I threw a birthday party for Abraham David!
It was his first party since he turned 4. And for the first time in 4 years I escaped the black hole that is mommy guilt. It was low key at the Grid (our churches super cool hang-out place.) We had music, XBOX, soda, chips, pizza (thanks Toya,) cake, ice cream, and break dancing (Abraham does a mean robot.) So Grandpa Carlos wanted to go in with us to get him a NINTENDO DS...Carlos traveled across out great city and found that there were only 4 DS' in the area and they were all PINK. We offered his this choice along with a TMNJ skin that covered most of the pink and he said..."I'm ok with waiting" so we ordered one on-line on Friday only to find Target had about 20 black ones come in over the weekend...bummer. But I'm kinda glad Hammy isn't instant gratification like his dad (ok...and me)
You probably would love to see pictures, me too...we had the camera but no batteries so Toya (my Huntsville Hannah) took pictures now I just need to get them from her.
So here's a few word about my second-born child.
I could tell from the first first day that Abraham was mellow, he cared more about sleeping than eating...he's always been the best sleeper. He lays down, closes his eyes, and sleeps until morning. No "I need a sip of water" or "I'm scared of the dark" And for eating...he's picky and only eats when he's starving, it's not a comfort thing or pass time for him. He has an absolute heart of GOLD, he has more conviction than most adults, and is ridiculously intelligent. He could be a model for gap or Russell Moore Salon...haha. Sorry if it's impolite to brag about how cool my kid is but I can't help it...he's wonderful.

No comments:
Post a Comment