Yesterday I bought a loaf of bread that didn't scan correctly, so I got it for free. I was happy about that and reminded that God gives us "our daily bread." Well, as it turns out, Gunther ate it (my fault for leaving it on the table) but nobody told me until at least 3 minutes into my search this morning, so back to the store for me at 7:10 a.m. then it was back home to pack lunches, make a Carlos an espresso, and grilled cheese for Matt. Then it was a mad dash to the car because of course I forgot to get Alexandria a "special drink" for her field trip, so we went to the store again... but this time actually stopping at the gas station (that was recently bought by extra friendly Jamaicans who's greeting always cheer me up tremendously.) She got a vitamin water. I tried to seem chill for the Jamaicans, you know, because it's-all-good-man.
All of this before 7:50 a.m.
In car line at school I encouraged the kids to take a deep breath, poor little buddies. I don't like hectic mornings.
But what this post is really about is my thrift shop finds from yesterday. (Which apparently if you buy a t.v. dinner tray form the 70's, with your favorite childhood character, that says "start each day in a happy way" your next morning is doomed.)

Today I'm thankful for this blog. It really inspires me. I love cottage/shabby style. I love old mason jars and glasses. I LOVE historic homes. I love feeling inspired.

No comments:
Post a Comment