Thursday, April 16, 2009

still thankful.

I'm kinda blah this week.
There's a lot on my mind and even more on my "to do list."
But I've decided I'm going to go buy a house plant to add some color and a new broom/dustpan since Gunther found it necessary to make my old one his personal chew toy.
A nice trip to the hardware store ought to cheer me right up.

I remember as a kid learning in Sunday School that the best time to Praise God is when you don't really feel like it, I guess that's why it's called a "sacrifice of praise."
I really feel like having a pity-party but instead I'm having a thankful-Thursday!

I saw a quote on a little notebook that said "life delights in life" and I think that's true.
Pity delights in sitting around all day in your pj's and feeling sorry for yourself, but life delights in life and living free and happy.
Sometimes we just need to push ourselves.
So, I'm going to go enjoy the beautiful spring flowers and plants at lowes a super artsy flower district, and redeem this day for all it's worth.

"Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4

1 comment:

Truth Teller said...

Good word Holly. Thankful THURSDAY IT IS!