Friday, September 11, 2009

5 things I will never do, now that I've worked retail.

1. I will never ignore a personal greeting. "Give me/I want a blah, blah, blah" isn't a correct response to someone saying "hello! how are you today?" I will say hello, because my momma taught me manners- when I was a todler.

2. I will never throw my payment on the counter, because it's rude, rude, rude. I will give it to the person, because I'm prety sure they'll enjoy being treated like a human.

3. I will never hand trash to anyone, just assuming they are willing to take my trash. I will find a trash can, because I'm a good person.

4. I will never wisper or mouth my order to a person because I'm on the phone. They aren't paid enough to read lips. It's just kinda...incredibly annoying.

5. I will never get angry at a person for upholding a corporate policy. If I disagree with a policy, I will call corporate headquarters. Yelling at someone who has nothing to do with making rules is both pointless and mean.


2 comments:

Chris said...

Be glad you didn't witness the douchebag who overcharged me at Best Buy tonight because HE WAS TEXTING ON HIS MOTHER EFFING CELL PHONE.

I got the on-duty manager to correct the over-charge. She also said, "I'll take care of that right now. Thank you."

MeanGirlErica said...

When people come to my counter while talking on the phone, I make sure to offer them every promotion we have running in a very cheery loud voice. I also hate when people put the money on the counter. It makes me want to put their change on the counter as well.