Sunday, June 7, 2009

CVS-ing!!!


So, when last we spoke about CVS, I was up $4 in ECB's.

This weekend I find myself in need of some makeup.
MAC or Bare Escentuals wasn't in the budget right then so...
I went to CVS!
I shopped the sales and got a little thing of foundation ($9 value, on sale 50% off)
and used my ECB's... I payed only 40 cents or something silly like that.
I do not love cheap makeup but it's certainly better than none at all.

Today market a new week of deals.
I think I did pretty well.
I'm still learning and establishing my stockpile of coupons.
So with the learning curve and a moderate case of A.D.D.
I managed to spend $19.00 and I walked out with about $45 worth of stuff.

  • 1- 24 oz. Dove Go Fresh Body Wash.
  • 1- 13.5 oz. Dove Cream Oil Body Lotion
  • 3- 2.6 oz. Dove Deodorant(s)
  • 3- Colgate Max Fresh Toothbrushes.
  • 2-10.3 oz. Dawn Botanicals Dish Soap.
  • 1-Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm.
  • 1- Burt's Bee's Lip Shimmer.
I think the moral of the couponing story is that you have to say goodbye to brand loyalty.
I don't really mind giving up my favorite brands to save some cash. Also, stocking up is the best way to save. I have never been a bulk shopper, but when you can get 3 tooth brushes for less than the price of one, you've just got to do it. I also bought 3 big tubes of Colgate toothpaste at Target for $2.

No comments: