Monday, June 8, 2009

The one where I'm still talking about coupons.


First, for the things I never buy...

Fruit Gushers (*a.k.a crack-for-kids, the devil's brew, should be outlawed* were the bribe reward for well behaved little ninos, that allowed their mama shop in peace with no smack downs, or running in the pathway of the elderly in motorized shopping carts.) they were half off-about $1.00.
Alexandria chose the flan for her treat, AFTER I said no to vienna sausages-she's such a puerto-rican :)
Publix Brand Cheese Singles (a.k.a. processed cheese food) was the Publix mystery penny item. So for a penny, I said yes.

The things we got for free after coupons were :
2 bags of Chex mix, 3 Pillsbury refrigerated dough, 6 Yoplait yogurts.

Almost free:
2 Kid's Cuisine meals, 2 Bird's Eye Steam Fresh Veggies, Hunts Ketchup.

Being the perfectionist I am, I still feel like I could have done a little better. I bought the 3 boxes of General Mills cereal at REGULAR PRICE... I never do that! BUT, I had 3 coupons, so I saved about $3.50 or so. Driving around to other stores or waiting for the sales wasn't practical this week. We needed food now!

Also, over the last few weeks I have been getting our fruit from the Farmer's Market...I save about $1.00 per pound on apples (that are delicious!) and they actually have bananas that aren't completely green.

1 comment:

Jacki Duke said...

i love all these coupon posts. i'm just getting into coupons..but i'm not nearly as good at it as you are...trying to learn a thing or two.