Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Ordem e Progresso


Come Morning, I wont be around here anymore.
I'll be heading South.
Packing up,
mommy guilt in tact-
I'm taking off.

I always feel bad leaving the kids.
I know, just as well as they do, that nobody can take care of them like I can.

They'll have a ton of fun with Carlos.
I"ll have a ton of fun with my parents.
It will be just fine.
Until heads hit the pillows at night-
that's the hard part.
That's the part everybody hates.
But you sleep it off, and wake up one day closer to sweet reunions.

I keep telling myself that people go visit their parents all the time.
This ain't no big thing.
We've all got to spread our wings a little.
But just the same-there's no place I'd rather be than home.

1 comment:

Jacki Duke said...

very well put. i cried most of the way to the airport when james and i went to jonagnew's wedding. they say it's good for you and them to be away from each other right? sure doesn't feel that way when you're leaving. but we had a blast once we got there and i'm sure you will too...just think, YOU get to be mothered for a change!