So, Matty is sick today.
I opened at work, but once I got the news it was less than an hour and I was out the door and on my way home...which was nothing short of a Christmas miracle. I was thankful to my replacement, I even left him some money with a note attached that read "lunch is on me, thanks again!"
Carlos has done so many of the sick days with the kids, he gets paid sick time, and doesn't have to bother with getting shifts covered. So usually he stays home. On those days, mommy guilt usually gets the best of me.
So today, I'm thankful to be home with my buddy...he's worth every unpaid moment. The truth is, nobody can take care of him like I can. And he's so sweet when he's sick. He's not a grouchy one, just all tender and helpless.
I told him I was sorry he was sick. And he said "I'm sorry too, momma, but I feel better when you put washcloths on my neck."
These are the moments I feel like a really good mom.
I stroked his hair, and he drifted away to sleep. Then he woke up two minutes later, and barfed.
Poor little buddy.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment