If you work with the public, you might just understand what I'm talking about when I say that certain days play out like scenes from a bad movie. Certain interactions are the stuff that science fiction movies are made of. Like when someone sips a drink, right in front of you, (that they insisted be heated to 200 degrees) to test it and make sure it's "hot enough" and they don't even flinch. You just have to assume that they're either the devil or they're an alien who's esophagus is really a metal staircase that leads to the mothership, or something. Or a person will tell you something over and over, except each time it's slightly different, and it's just so confusing. And you just have to assume they're crazy, or really book-smart.
The overbearing ones are my least favorite, because they will ask you if it's nonfat, or a triple, or whatever it is, 37 times. And by the 24th time of saying yes m'aam/sir my voice does a squeaky, high pitch, I-REALLY-WANT- TO-SCREAM-BUT-I'M-KEEPING-MY-COOL- thing. Sometimes I think I'm being punked-but it's always for real.
Often, things that happen at my job are like some exaggerated version of things that happen at home, it's just usually messier and more annoying. Today, it was the plumbing backing up. Major nightmare.
I helped clean it. I wanted to cry. I thanked God that I'm not a janitor. I was infuriated. But I just cleaned it. And a coworker had made me soo mad. And I wanted to kick him in the face. But I didn't.
20 minutes latter, I was engaging corporate bigwigs in a coffee tasting.
An hour later I was eating french fries, even though I had brought a healthy lunch. argg.
On my way home, I listened to this song on repeat.
I feel better.
And, I'm not going back till Friday morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment