today i made drinks from 6-10 am
one guy was especially pre-schoolish.
two triple grande lattes in a row.
seconds apart...
literally i think 5 seconds apart.
first guy says "thank you so much!"
and i say "you're welcome, thank you!"
second guy looked confused.
"have a good day" I said
he answers
"yeah. he took mine."
and shakes his head in disbelief...
*the last time I checked that is not a correct response to "have a good day." and sorry your wait was increased by 5 seconds, I hope that somehow you can find the inner strength to get through this.
made a lot of "quad grandes"
I called them.
"quad grande hazelnut latte"
"quad grande caramel macchiato"
each time I was given "it's a QUAD, RIGHT???"
*RIGHT! you like four shots in your 16 ounce cup of milk. oh wow, congrats!
or I say "decaf tall mocha"
reply "is it decaf?"
*yup, that's why I called it a decaf tall mocha. logical huh? I know, corporate thinks of everything, those crazy kids!
it's not that I mind being questioned
it's the intensity level these people operate on.
so it kinda feels like verbal abuse.
sounds fun right?
i guess that is why all us baristas create these dialogs,
and then act them out like skits when there are no customers around.
we laugh and laugh.
so mean customers are kinda fun after all!
*such are the thoughts behind my retail smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment