Wednesday, April 27, 2011

archives.

I ran across this in my large list of unpublished posts.
I thought it was kinda sweet...

I've been working a ton, and just having the general feeling of running behind on everything.
I really hate that feeling.
I never painted this picture in my mind when I dreamed of my life.
I saw it more slow, and glowy.

I always wonder what days my kids will remember. I have random spotty memories of my childhood.
I remember my mom calling me in for dinner, on those hot Georgia nights. I was always outside, picking pecans and whatnot.
Always getting bitten by fire ants.
As I sat down at the table (the same one that's in my kitchen right now) my mom always pulled my hair back, her hands felt so cold on my neck- that was the best feeling in the world.
She didn't even know.

Those are the kind of things I remember.

No comments: