I watched in awe as Abraham took victory laps around the backyard on his new bike.
He's gone from looking like a baby giraffe, trying to make peace with it's wobbly legs- to something more like a young stallion, gracefully strutting his stuff around in the afternoon glow.
Abraham's got a quality about him that's hard to put my finger on.
He's an old soul, he's a young legend,
he's the guy who ready can be anything he wants to be.
Yesterday, a commercial came on the radio about the Oscars.
The kids started talking about acceptance speeches.
Abraham said if he won an Oscar, he would thank Paul Bunyan, John Henry, and Johnny Appleseed. What can I say, he loves his folk heroes.
I always wonder what he'll be like in the future. All I can really figure so far is that he's gonna grow up, he'll break my heart a time or two, but he's going to be amazing. One day he's gonna leave home, but we're going to talk on the phone twice at least twice a week, and he'll probably send me yellow roses on my birthday. He'll call me the night before Thanksgiving, and announce he's bringing someone special to dinner. I won't like her at first...but she'll win me over when she reveals that she's gotten him to eat salad. We'll dance on his wedding day- just me and him. We'll have the sweetest talk out on that dance floor. Knowing him, he'll probably thank me for the bike I bought him when he was 10.
yup, that's my boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment