So spring break came and went quickly- a little too quickly.
We didn't have great weather, so we rented movies, went bowling, and to the arcade.
You may remember this post about Matthew's obsession with the claw game.
I cant believe it, but we actually won something.
It felt monumental and epic. For 13 seconds at least.
Later, as Matthew complained about fact that he only finished with enough tickets to get a laughy taffy. I had a mini-meltdown...righteous anger arose...I was outraged. I realized that I was in a casino for kids, and maybe should deal with his entitlement issues at a later time.
That's the thing with kids, they don't always appreciate the "big wins" for long enough- well Abraham does, sweet middle child.
Sure they stress me out.
Sure they're exhausting.
But I love having them home, I love seeing them be free spirits.
If only every week could be spring break.
But alas, it's back to the daily grind.
Back to working a bunch.
Back to packing lunches and homework.
Back to real life.
I close tonight at work, so I tried to make today kinda relaxing.
Alexandria and I went to lunch at a place with "gracious goodness" in their name, sounds relaxing, right?
We ordered a sandwich, a salad, side of fruit, 2 bags of chips, and 2 drinks...it was $25.00!
"gracious goodness" is an understatement- and not because the food was good.
And of course, my daughter only ate a few bites of the salad.
oh well.
how do you redeem the day after spending way to much on mediocre food?
.jpg)
.jpg)
4 comments:
Where is this mythical arcade?
The station @ bridgestreet. Get into it. :)
I want to go to there.
LOL!
There is a game that's kinda like the spinny wheel on the price is right. We watched in amazement as a little girl won 2,000 tickets. You can actually get something cool for that.
Post a Comment